Hypnotherapy for Chemical Dependence and Substance Abuse in Joondalup and Fremantle.
In the medical field there are three different terms used to define substance related disorders, including substance abuse, substance dependence, and chemical dependence. Here at New Dimension Vitality – Creatively Divine Hypnotherapy we can assist you to manage your issue regardless of whether you have been diagnosed with or believe you have issues of substance abuse, substance dependence or chemical dependence. We have two offices located for your convenience in Joondalup and Fremantle. Dave Allan is our senior, highly experienced, Clinical Hypnotherapist who will simply, easily and effectively assist you to permanently manage your issues of chemical dependence or substance abuse using advanced hypnosis techniques.
What is chemical dependence/substance abuse?
Substance abuse is a pattern of substance use that causes significant problems or distress, such as failure to attend work or school, substance use in dangerous situations such as driving or operating machinery, substance related legal problems, or continued substance use that interferes with friendships and/or family relationships. Substance abuse refers to the abuse of illegal or legal substances. For instance illegal substances such as marijuana, heroin, cocaine, or methamphetamine or legal substances such as alcohol or prescription drugs. Alcohol is the most common legal drug of abuse.
Substance or chemical dependence is the abuse of drugs or alcohol that continues, even when significant problems related to their use have developed. This is often also referred to as addiction. Signs of dependence or addiction include:
- Tolerance to the drug – a need for ever increasing amounts of the drug to get an effect
- Continued use of the drug even with awareness of the physical, psychological, and family or social problems that are caused by ongoing drug abuse
- Spending large amounts of time to obtain, use, and recover from the effects of using drugs
- Withdrawal symptoms that occur when the drug is decreased or its use is discontinued to the point that it becomes difficult to cut down or quit
- Withdrawal from social and recreational activities and avoidance of family and friends
Substances frequently abused include, but are not limited to: Alcohol – Marijuana – Tobacco – Prescription drugs, such as pain killers, stimulants, or anxiety pills – Methamphetamine – Cocaine – Opiates – Anabolic steroids – Hallucinogens – Inhalants
Some common behaviours that are displayed when an individual is having a problem with substance abuse or chemical dependence can include:
- Getting high or drunk regularly
- Lying, especially about how much they are using or drinking
- Lying about the amount of money being spent on drugs or drinking
- Having and/or lying about financial issues associated with the addiction
- Avoiding friends and family members and giving up activities they used to enjoy, such as sports or spending time with nonusing friends
- Talking a lot about using drugs or alcohol
- Believing they need to use or drink in order to have fun and pressuring others to use or drink
- Getting in trouble with the law and taking risks, such as sexual risks or driving under the influence of a substance
- Missing work due to substance use and work performance suffers due to substance abuse before, after, or during working or business hours
- Depressed, hopeless, or suicidal feelings
However, each individual may experience symptoms differently and the symptoms of substance or chemical abuse or dependence may resemble other medical problems or psychiatric conditions and as such a doctor should always be consulted to confirm diagnosis. Creatively Divine Hypnotherapy can assist you, in conjunction with your medical or health practitioner, with the use of hypnotherapy for chemical dependence and substance abuse.
Call Sharon or Dave now at the Joondalup or Fremantle clinic, or email, to discuss your requirements or to make a booking for hypnosis for your issues with chemical abuse and substance dependence.